Tell your computer you allow BK to filter your web access at BK
- Filter Certificate for fixing problems accessing GMail or any secure websites. This MUST be installed because websites can tell you are being filtered and will not allow you to access sites correctly, if at all.
- Filter Certificate Instructions shows the directions required for Windows, Mac laptops, and Chromebooks.
Click the link below to download based on your computer. Follow the steps you usually use to install programs (keep the download, open, allow installing, accept the license agreement). The program works when you get to see a "NWEA" screen asking for a session name and password. Click the "X" in the upper right to close it.
- MAP Testing for Windows. You can check the box at the end of the install process to "Launch when complete". When you run it, if you have an error about resolution too low, you need to find "Change the size of text, apps, and other items:" in display settings and you need to set to 100% before you run the Lockdown browser.
- MAP Testing for MacOS. When you open the file you download, you need to click and drag the NWEA icon to your Applications folder (it will show a green plus circle). Then you need to double click the "Application" folder and find NWEA and double click that, OR run the program from Launchpad, OR search for NWEA Secure Browser with the magnifying glass/Spotlight in the upper right of your screen.
MacOS continued: You will not be allowed to run the program because it isn't from the App Store, so run the "Security & Privacy" System preferences panel (it is the icon of gears on your dock). On the General tab, there may be a button at the bottom of the window that states you tried to run the NWEA Lockdown Browser. Click "Open Anyway" and you should be set. If you do not see that button, click the "Lock" in the lower left, put in your Mac password, and then click the "Anywhere" circle/radio button, and try to run the Secure Browser again.
Schoology Lockdown Browser
- Respondus Lockdown Browser for Windows. You need to install this first before you can take a Lockdown Browser quiz in Schoology.
- Respondus Lockdown Browser for MacOS. If you are not allowed to run the program, run the "Security & Privacy" preferences panel. There may be a button at the bottom of the window that states you tried to run the Respondus Lockdown Browser. Click that and you should be set. If you do not see that button, click the "Lock" in the lower left, put in your Mac password, and then click the "Anywhere" circle/radio button.